Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC)
- A Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) constructed to operate on LPG, and once the gasifier is commissioned, syngas.
- The CCGT will provide baseload (syngas) and peaking (LPG) power, rated at around 100MW.
- The CCGT plant can also provide system inertia and Frequency Control Ancillary Services (FCAS) – even when not producing power and on standby.
- The CCGT will have rapid start capability.
- A single gasification unit will be installed and integrated with the CCGT, operating as a proven IGCC technology system.
- Feedstock will be sourced only from supply partner organisations with pre-processing capability which is compliant with all licencing and regulatory requirements.
- Covered materials handling facilities onsite will be adequate for up to 60,000 tons of feedstock per annum.
- Onsite facilities will include a laboratory to monitor and analyse all processes in support of detailed engineering for Stage 2.
- Stage 1 will conduct research into integrated operation of the gasifier and power plant, which is expected to be claimable under the Research & Development Tax Incentive.
- Timescale: subject to first receiving all appropriate government and regulatory approvals, and reaching Final Investment Decision (FID) for Stage 1, construction could commence in 2025.
Click here to learn more about Stage 2.